“Listen my children and you shall hear”….
- Stories of our family heritage. Of our grandmothers and great grandmothers and those who came before them.
- Stories of our faith and the blessings of a loving God
- Stories of hope and perseverance even among the trials and deep valleys of our life
Stop for a moment. Listen and you will hear…
- The sound of the symphony of creation performed each day around us. Crickets chirping. Doves cooing. Birds and frogs joining in the praise. Even the rocks will cry out to declare the glory and majesty of God.
- God’s quiet voice in the evening wind.
- His whisper and promise in the setting sun.
- God’s power and majesty booming through the thunder and lighting.
Slow down. Stop. Wait…
- Do you hear the sounds of creation?
- Do you hear the voice of love and life all around you?
- Do you hear the sweetness and innocence of a baby’s coo?
- Do you hear God calling to you to come….?
To listen we must first stop talking and moving. We must slow down our day and grab hold of the moment. We must remove the distractions, turn off the TV, shut down the computer…and listen.
Think of what we miss if we don’t.
Listen to and obey My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My people; and walk in the whole way that I command you, that it may be well with you. Jeremiah 7: 23